Αειφόρα Ενεργειακά Συστήματα
Μεταπτυχιακό στα Αειφόρα Ενεργειακά Συστήματα*
* Το Πρόγραμμα σπουδών προσφέρεται στην Αγγλική γλώσσα για να προετοιμάσει καλύτερα τους φοιτητές για περαιτέρω σπουδές και να τους προσφέρει επιπλέον εφόδια για την αγορά εργασίας. Για φοιτητές που δεν έχουν την Αγγλική ως μητρική γλώσσα ή αντιμετωπίζουν δυσκολίες ή ελλείψεις, η COSMODATA το παρέχει διάφορα μέτρα στήριξης ώστε να μπορέσουν να αντεπεξέλθουν στις απαιτήσεις του προγράμματος.
The distance learning graduate programme of Sustainable Energy Systems is principally oriented at young engineers and graduates of science faculties who wish to engage with the energy sector. In an era where the energy sector is emerging as the new pillar of the financial development of Cyprus, certainly choosing advanced education in the field of energy systems and the built environment can provide the graduates of the programme with numerous job opportunities. The programme, which is administered by experienced and distinguished scholars from Cyprus and Greece, has been evaluated and approved by the Evaluation Committee of Private Universities (ECPU), which guarantees the professional recognition of its graduates from the competent professional body of Cyprus, ETEK.
The Sustainable Energy Systems programme provides the graduates the necessary scientific foundations for establishing job positions, which will be created in the coming years in the field of energy planning, energy certification and energy upgrading of buildings. The progressing integration of the European directives into the Cypriot legislation regarding energy and buildings, creates new needs that continually induce the construction market in the search of know-how. The following areas are provided as examples:
- Energy certification of buildings
- Energy audits of buildings
- Energy saving in buildings
- Integration of renewable energy sources (RES) in the building envelope
- Energy Renovation of buildings
The objectives of the programme are:
- tο develop detailed knowledge and critical understanding of the core skills in rational use of energy sources, conventional (oil & gas) and renewable ones, in the power generation field and in the energy management, in the energy design of buildings and in achieving high energy efficiency of new and existing buildings;
- to obtain an in depth comprehension of the economics of energy, including the security of supply aspects, environmental costs and other externalities;
- to develop detailed knowledge on the assessment of performance of buildings and power production sites;
- to develop and use a significant range of principal and specialist skills, techniques and practices;
- to provide the expertise demanded by the necessity to implement the range of European Directives and national legislative acts in the energy and building sector and in the efficient use of conventional and renewable energy resources;
- to be able to apply this knowledge directly to complex applications;
- to plan and execute a significant project of research, investigation or development in a specialist area within the energy sector, demonstrating extensive, detailed and critical understanding;
- to critically review existing practice and develop original and creative solutions to problems within the energy sector and the domain addressed by the programme, in corporating the marketing approach in order to capitalize on the solutions developed;
- to communicate and work effectively with peers and academic staff in a variety of tasks, demonstrating appropriate levels of autonomy and responsibility.